Tuesday 10 October 2017

DIY Montessori shelf activities for toddlers and preschoolers





This week our Montessori shelf has DIY activities.
Let's have a close look at our shelf set up for my 2 year toddler.

1. Visual discrimination activity -


A very nice visual discrimination activity where the child has to match the appropriate colors. On a cardboard, I have drawn the circles and have pasted the colored papers. Also I have used felt cut outs for matching.

2. Fine motor activity -



This is very nice fine motor activity for buttoning. I have  made the felt flowers and cut a part in the center. Using pipe cleaners, I have attached the buttons corresponding to the colors of the felt flowers. So it is a color matching and a fine motor activity.



3. Number cups stacking -


For math, I just used the cups and have wrote the numbers. The activity is to stack the cups according to the numbers.




4. Visual discrimination of shapes -


On a cardboard, I have made 8 sections. Four of them have already stuck foam shape patterns and other four are kept blank. The kid has to create the corresponding shape pattern which is very good for visual discrimination.
5. Outline matching -


I had the aquatic animals figurines. So I just drew the outline and it made a simple outline matching activity .

6. Pre-writing activity -


on a cardboard, I have used the dot stickers and and covered it with plastic cover so that it can be reusable.


Take a look at the complete video below









2 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC!!!! Thanks for sharing with everyone~so helpful!
    You can also watch out this ABC Song For Toddlers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much... Stay tuned for more early learning resources..

      Delete