Tuesday 29 December 2020

Journaling for kids with monthly prompts

 


Journaling is a very special topic for me as I have started and applied it in my life from the last two years and can see the changes in my life. I am able to direct my thoughts and prioritize them accordingly. I love how it helps to stay organized and bring calmness and mindfulness. I recommend you all to start journaling and see the magic it brings in your life. 

So I have decided to introduce Journaling to my daughter who is now 5 and a half year old. She has started to read and write. So this was the perfect time to introduce this beautiful habit. There are readymade Journals available online but I like to DIY it as I have an option to explore with many more aspects which I want instead of following a readymade one. And also if kids decorate it on their own, the joy is doubled <3




I have tried to keep it super simple and fun for her. I will see how she takes it and accordingly will change the prompts monthly. So stay tuned for our monthly prompts. You can subscribe to our channel creativemommystuff on YouTube to stay updated. 


Materials you will need -

1. Dairy 

2. Color pens

3. Stickers

4. color pencils

5. crayons

Lets hop onto our Journaling adventure :)

1. I have made some DIY Affirmation cards -

Affirmations are - 'to affirm to one's self''. Positive words that are absorbed by the mind to create your belief system. Creating an inner confidence as children can shape their whole life. What we think about ourselves is what we develop. This is why affirmations are so important for children. Affirmations are an effective way to build self-confidence.  

These are some DIY Affirmation cards that I have made. I will be making more for the next month and will be adding them to this bundle. So every month, we will have have some new cards too.

Let your child read them daily aloud daily and if your child is very young, you can read aloud to them and they can repeat after you. 




2. Daily Habit Tracker - Building a habit in kids is the very difficult task which we all parents struggle with. I found this method very effective. I have applied this method for myself in my journaling routine and trust me it works like magic. You have a track of your habit and I tried this with my daughter from the last few months and she enjoys it. What I have done is made circle and written the dates from 1 to 31 for the month of January. So the idea is to color the circles when the child has completed the habit for the day. For eg. Reading a book. If the child has read a book for a day, then he/she can color the circle for that date and continue throughout the month. So in this way, we now have a record of the habit maintained and how many days have we missed it. So isn't it awesome. Do try this with your child and let me know the results. Share with me on my Facebook or Instagram and tag me. I would to see the little one's Habit tracker.  

     

3. My Favorites - Next is my favorites where I have included questions like my favorite color, book, game, food etc. What do you want to be when you grow up?

These questions are a great way to bring out the likes and dislikes of your child. To help them know about themselves. To express themselves and encourage creative thinking and the ability to express. I love these simple routine. 




4. Tasks of the month - This is our favorite part of journaling where every month, I try to make new tasks for her and she enjoys to complete them. It can anything like feed a street dog, make a new friend, call your grandparents and talk to them, send them greeting cards, etc. it is super fun for both of us and we enjoy doing these tasks. It helps us connect with our loved ones and teach some values and kindness in a practical way.

I hope you loved our Journaling routine for kids. Do try them and if you enjoyed it as much we did, make sure to share them with me on my social media. I would be the most happy person to see the little ones enjoying their journaling routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment