Sunday 10 January 2021

Subtraction Activities for kids

 I have tried these activities for teaching subtraction concepts for kids -




Activity #1

Tree and apples -

I made the outline of the tree and my daughter colored it. This is again a great fun activity for them. 

Now write the subtraction problems on the tree as shown.

Then I have cut out the paper in the shape of an apple and have written numbers on them.

The kid has to solve the problems one by one and match the answers with the answers on the apple cut out.

Trust me, it is really engaging for kids to match the apples and they will surely love it.


Activity #2

Clip it

Materials -

1. cloth pins

2. Construction paper

I have made circles of the construction paper and have written the subtraction problems.




Now the child has to solve the problems and find the answer. Now the child has to clip the same number of pins as the answer. So this also becomes a nice fine motor activity for kids.









No comments:

Post a Comment